Due to the recent events, it’s hard for me to get Boston out of my head. It’s hard to watch the news coverage and not feel saddened for those who witnessed such horrific acts on innocent people. However, I must say that it warms my heart to see the Boston Brotherhood that rose to the occasion, opening their hearts and their homes in the wake of tragedy. That is something that needs to be celebrated. The resilience of the city.
Boston is the city that I spent many weekends as a child at the New England Aquarium, Fenway Park, or in Faneuil Hall. The city where I spent 4 years in college making friends that will be in my life forever, and the city where I discovered my passion for food.
Today I want to share with you a recipe that reminds me of home.
Amazing Lobster Roll from The Lobster Trap - Cape Cod, MA
New England Lobster Roll
This is one of my all time favorite things to eat...like, in the whole world, forever and ever.
I’ve learned that very few people out here in LA know what a Lobster Roll is and no, it’s not something off of a sushi menu! This is a summer staple back East and believe it or not, it’s pretty easy to replicate.
This recipe will make 2 sandwiches... or one giant one. I won’t judge.
- Meat from a 1-2lb lobster
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- black pepper
- hot dog roll
- shredded lettuce as garnish
- In a small mixing bowl combine the lobster meat, celery, onion and mayo. Be sure to use the mayo sparingly. A little goes a long way! Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want to be super LA about this and skip the bread part, you’re done at this step. You can put it on a fresh salad with cucumbers and avocado but if you want it the traditional way, read on.
- Butter the outside of a hot dog roll and toast in a hot skillet or pan until golden brown.
- Sprinkle some shredded lettuce in the center of the hot dog roll and pile the lobster mixture on top.
- Serve right away with crispy kettle chips or french fries.
Don’t Forget to Get Social!