This is without a doubt one of my favorite foods! Partly because it's delicious... but mostly because of how simple it is to make. Well, at least the way I make it!
I had a bunch of Prime Rib, glazed carrots and roasted potatoes leftover from my Easter Dinner and since I can never let food go to waste, I decided to make it one of my latest Dinner Do-Overs!
Of course you don’t have to have leftovers to make this yummy comfort food. Just check out the recipe below to make it for yourself!
- 1 lb cubed stew meat (beef)
- browning sauce (gravy master)
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 small golden potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2/3 c milk
- salt and pepper
- dried dill (optional)
- In a large cast iron stock pot or something similar, brown cubed beef with a little salt and pepper, then gravy master, and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer the potatoes, carrots and onions on top of the beef, add 1 can of beef broth (a little over 1 cup) and reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add in an additional can of broth, taste, season accordingly and bring to a boil.
- To create your dumplings for the top of the stew you're going to combine the pancake mix, milk, a sprinkle of salt and some dried herbs if you wish . Stir until you get it to the consistency of really thick peanut butter. Drop spoonfuls onto the boiling stew and let stand for 10 minutes.
- *Tip - place the dumplings on the beef of potatoes in the pot, it will help get the perfect fluffiness inside!
- Slightly reduce the flame and cover for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve it up in a nice big shallow bowl with the dumplings right on top!
Don’t Forget to Get Social!