- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1 tsp jarred chopped garlic)
- 2 Tbsp no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, including juice
- 1/4 c fat-free milk
- 2 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Cook onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, sugar, thyme, bay leaf, tomatoes, and 2 cups water. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
2. Remove bay leaf. Use a handheld blender to puree the soup in the saucepan, or transfer soup to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. (If you're using a standard blender, allow the mixture to cool first; hot liquid may cause the blender to squirt out contents. Depending on the size of your blender, you may have to do this in batches.)
3. Heat milk in microwave for 30 seconds to warm, and then stir it into the pureed soup along with yogurt. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Recipe via womenshealthmag.com