Looking for an EASY, healthy snack? We all have seen those fruit snack/strips at whole foods but sometimes $3 seems a little steep for a 2 bite treat. Check out this amazing, affordable recipe for your very own fruit roll-up!
- 3 cups ripe chopped fruit (we used peach, but use any fruit you'd like)
- Sweetener, to taste (I use agave or honey. Granulated sugar is fine too)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees F or the lowest temperature your oven will go. Line a 11 x 17 baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
2. Puree the peaches and sweetener of your choice in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour fruit mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread to about a 1/8″ thick. I always pound the baking sheet on the counter a few times to make sure the fruit mixture is evenly distributed.
3. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 6-8 hours, until pan is set and the center is not tacky. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Gently peel off the fruit leather from the Silpat. Cut into squares or strips using a pizza cutter, knife, or scissors. If you want to make fruit roll-ups, roll the strips in parchment paper. Store in an air-tight container.Recipe courtesy of twopeasandtheirpod.com