It seems like April is a busy birthday month, so we thought what better way to celebrate than with a guilt-free cake pop! Every where we go, the foodie community is going nuts over this cake pop phenominom, but who can eat those all the time with out seeing it on the scale?
NOT US! Here is an amazing guilt-free recipe for your favorite trendy treat, cake pops! Give it s atry & tell us what you think!
What you need:
- 16.5 oz package yellow cake mix
- 6 oz plain fat-free Greek yogurt (Chobani)
- 1 cup water
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- 48 oz Baker's white chocolate (20 oz calculated in n.i)*
- sprinkles (optional)
- 48-50 lollipop sticks
- styrofoam block
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a the cake pop pan with baking spray.
- Combine all the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until combined.Place the batter into a pastry bag or large ziplock bag with the tip cut off.
- Pipe the batter into the prepared cake pop pan and bake about 18 minutes (I rotated the pan after 10 minutes to be sure they baked evenly). Let it rest 5 minutes before opening the pan.
- Place cake balls on a wire rack and repeat with remaining batter. Using a scissor, cutthe seam off the balls.
- Refrigerate the cake balls for about 45 minutes, this helps the chocolate stick to the cake.
- Melt some of the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions, careful not to burn the chocolate. Insert the tip of the stick into the melted chocolate, then into the cake ball (this helps hold the stick in place).
- In batches, melt remaining chocolate. Dip the cake pops into the chocolate, let the excess drip off then place stick on a styrofoam block about a minute, then add sprinkles on top if using.
**Makes 48-50 balls.
Recipe via skinnytastes.com